Wednesday 1 May 2013

Krakow

I arrived in Krakow safely, albeit slightly bedraggled. As soon as I got to the hostel, I went straight to the salt mines on a tour which was good. It was full of sculptures made of salt and some salt lakes.

In the evening, after a tasty dinner provided at the hostel, I headed out on a pub crawl with lots of people from my hostel. One word: sausagefest. Great evening and a good chance to meet new people and experience Krakow's crazy nightlife.

Today, we went on a trip to Auschwitz-Birkenau. There's not really a lot to say about it, except that it was truly surreal to see. Definitely a worthwhile visit but you leave just wondering why.

Just a quick word about the hostel I'm staying in. Its a really awesome place with free breakfast and dinner and lovely beds. I've met some really nice people here too, with whom I intend to go out with tonight.

Plan for tomorrow is to discover Krakow a little more, although my impressions so far are that it is a really great town.

Shame about my lack of Polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment