Friday 10 May 2013

Lubbly Ljubbly

Sorry about the title of this, simply couldn't resist. So since my last post, I had my last day in Zagreb. I went up the funicular (there's always fun in a funicular) to see the whole town from the upper part. Coincidentally I chose to go there at noon, when they fire a canon out of the tower, which I was previously unaware of and thought Zagreb was being attacked.

Afterwards, I spent the day mainly eating and drinking and catching some vital rays. That evening, I watched Skyfall with some fellow hostellers whilst an obnoxious group of Italians proceeded to take over the whole hostel and shout at each other (which sadly, is often the case with Italians, sorry to say).

The next day, I set off on my journey to Ljubljana in Slovenia. Met some really nice people on the train, including a lovely Croatian guy who insisted on helping me to find my hostel and taking me straight to the door. That evening, I ate dinner with an American guy who I had met on the train, indulging in some delicious Mexican food.

Later on in the evening, I had the surprise of my life to see two English guys I had previously met at the hostel in Krakow stroll into the room at my hostel. Yesterday, we spent the day together, exploring the castle, drinking pitchers of beer and eating "meat with Bosnian bread" .

In the evening, myself and fellow hostellers went out to a bar where I admittedly quickly crashed as the long days are getting exhausting.

Today, it's raining so I think I will take my time to get out of bed and maybe explore the city centre more.

Tomorrow, Salzburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment