Sunday 5 May 2013

Zagreb in the rain

Good morning world,

Yesterday, I spent the morning chilling at my hostel before making my way across town for my train.

The train took 6 hours, which I was dreading but eventually turned out to be a lot of fun. I was in a carriage with 3 other people, including an Australian and an English girl and we chatted for pretty much the whole journey. By the end, it had escalated into some hysteria, mainly stemming from the fact that there seemed to be just one man to do everything and who came round with the food trolley, then told us to go for the restaurant carriage, where we waited, only to find he ran the restaurant carriage as well.

Finally arriving in Zagreb, it was disappointing to see that it was raining, which I am told doesn't happen very often. Initial impressions were that it seems a pretty cute town, but a small one.

Last night, we ventured out for some food where I had a delicious mixed grill and chatted with some great fellow hostellers.

Today, a relaxed stroll through Zagreb to discover the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment