Tuesday 30 April 2013

Onto the next one

Morning all!!

I'm sat in the train station at Warsaw (kudos to Poland for free WiFi in here), waiting for my next train to Krakow. Of course, I'm far too early but better to be safe than sorry eh?

Yesterday, I had a much needed lie in after a turbulent night's sleep before finally deciding to get out of bed and have a tranquil afternoon at a massive park.

There were loads of peacocks and red squirrels. I'll take this opportunity to say: never open a cereal bar with squirrels around. Squirrels love dem grainz. I had a squirrel climb up my leg. Later on, I did offer some nuts I had in my bag to a few of the squirrels and they ate them right out of my hand.

Spent the afternoon watching peacocks fan out their feathers in an attempt to attract the female peacocks
In the evening, I had a mad dash to the huge shopping centre to find a camera battery charger. Mission accomplished, I sat in the Hard Rock Cafe for a cheeky cosmopolitan before making my way back to the hostel.

Just a little word about the hostel, whilst I'm on the subject. Its a great little place with everything one needs from a hostel, including hairdryers and a lovely kitchen but, unlike my hostel in Berlin, everyone seemed to keep themselves to themselves, leading to a more solitary visit for me, although I did meet a few nice people.

On the way to the station here, there were 3 guys playing a nice piece on an assortment of brass instruments, brassLADS.

Warsaw in a nutshell? Well I'd say its been a pleasant visit and that in a city which initially comes across as grey and square, there's something for everyone here. Parks, the old town, shopping centres. It's just a case of finding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment